Kgalagadi Private Safari – 6 Days
Join me on the Kgalagadi Private Safari – at the private Ta Shabube Rooiputs Lodge. I have been visiting the area since 2009 and have intimate knowledge of the area and seasonal changes.
Dates available to meet with your dates and subject to availability at the lodges.
This trip is for a single traveller or a married couple sharing.
Rooiputs private concession area
It is located within the captivating Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park on the Botswana side, 25 km north of Two Rivers (Twee Rivieren). The lodge is perched along a mature red sand dune, overlooking a busy waterhole.
The Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park is characterised by the red rolling Kgalagadi sand dunes and dune bushveld. It has its scattered salt pans, dune crests dominated by tall dune bushman grass and the arid fossil river environment of the Nossob and Auob River valleys.
They are the area’s big attraction and include the black-maned Kalahari lion, leopard, brown and spotted hyena, jackal and wildcat. The area is one of Africa’s best parks for the cheetah, which thrive by hunting in its fossil river valleys and the surrounding Kgalagadi dunes.
What we will cover during our safari:
- The power of composition
- Low and wide-angle photography
- The importance of depth of field
- Slow shutter speed and panning
- The basics of birds in flight
- Low light and ISO control
- Camera and lens techniques
- Image management and development (as required)
- Low Season November to April – R 76950.00
- High Season May to October – Single traveller R 85950.00
Per person sharing (Maximum 2)
- Low Season November to April – R 71550.00
- High Season May to October – R 77925.00
Subject to exchange rates on day of booking
For international travellers, overnight accommodation and transfers can be provided in Upington as required on request at an additional cost.
What does this Safari package include
- Kalahari welcome gift
- Digital development Lightroom preset pack
- Private vehicle airconditioned 4×4 Fortuner Vehicle
- 6 days Full board and accommodation in en-suite rooms
- All meals (brunch, high tea and dinner)
- Unlimited photographic activities
- Park fees and bed levies
- Transfers from Two Rivers to Rooiputs Lodge
- Transfers to and from Upington Airport (International Guests Only)
- Personal expert guidance from Andrew Aveley
What this Safari package does not include
- ALL soft DRINKS
- All items not mentioned in the inclusions
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel to and from Twee Rivieren starting point.
- Visas and Travel Fees
All of the above rates and dates are subject to availability and confirmation once a booking is to be confirmed.
Please contact me for detailed information and pricing through the contact form