Kalahari Photography Tour – 9 Days
Join me on a Kalahari Photography Tour – 9 Days at the private Ta Shabube Rooiputs and Polentswa Lodges. We will split the stay by having 4 at Polentswa and 4 nights at Rooiputs lodges. I have been visiting the area since 2009 and have intimate knowledge of the area and seasonal changes.
2019 – October 4th – 14th – FULLY BOOKED
2020 – October 1st – 11th – 3 Spaces available
2021 – October 7th – 17th – 4 Spaces available
The Private Concession:
This area is located within the captivating Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park on the Botswana side, 25 km north of Two Rivers (Twee Rivieren). Polentswa is 222 km north of Two Rivers. (Twee Rivieren) The camp is nestled amongst tall trees and dwarf scrubs overlooking the Polentswa Pan with its waterhole and exciting game.
Predators are the area’s big attraction and include the black-maned Kalahari lion, leopard, brown and spotted hyena, jackal and wildcat. The area is one of Africa’s best parks for the cheetah, which thrive by hunting in its fossil river valleys and the surrounding Kgalagadi dunes.
The Nossob riverbed is rated one of the best places in Southern Africa to view raptors, particularly during the summer months when large numbers of migratory eagles, kites and falcons move through the park. Of the 80 raptors recorded in Southern Africa, 52 have been recorded in the KTP. Specifically, Polentswa is a haven for birders with migratory birds passing through the Polentswa pan, offering rich opportunities for avian tourism.
What we will cover during our Safari:
- The power of composition
- Low and wide-angle photography
- Importance of depth of field
- Slow shutter speed and panning
- Basics of birds in flight
- Low light and ISO control
- Camera and lens techniques
- Image management and development (as required)
- $ 4195.00 USD per person sharing
- $ 4895.00 USD per person single
For international travellers, overnight accommodation and transfers can be provided in Upington as required with a transfer to the lodge.
Optional add ons
- $ 150.00 per person Upington Overnight Lodge including dinner and packed breakfast
- $ 325.00 per person transfer from Upington to Ta Shebube return(Group of 4 minimum)
What does this Safari package include
- Kalahari welcome gift
- Digital development Lightroom preset pack
- Private vehicle
- 9 days Full board and accommodation in en-suite rooms
- All meals (brunch, high tea and dinner)
- 18 private photographic activities
- Park fees and bed levies
- Transfers from Two Rivers to Polentswa Lodge
- Transfers from Polentswa Lodge to Rooiputs Lodge
- Transfers from Rooiputs Lodge to Two Rivers
- Personal expert guidance from Andrew Aveley
What this Safari package does not include
- ALL DRINKS
- All items not mentioned in the inclusions
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel to and from Twee Rivieren starting point.
- Visas and Travel Fees
All of the above rates and dates are subject to availability and confirmation once a booking is to be confirmed.
Please contact me for detailed information and pricing through the contact form
Summer is between October to April, average temperatures can go beyond 40°C. Although this is the rainy season, rainfall is quite scarce, often accompanied by dramatic thunderstorms.
Winter is between May and August the highest day temperatures are at a comfortable 26 – 30°C. While the winter nights can be exceedingly cold with temperatures falling as low as -10°C below zero.
Rooiputs and Polentswa are powered by a solar panel system with generators as a back-up. Limited charging of batteries is available for laptops and cameras.