Chobe Bird Photography
Join me on a spectacular Chobe Bird Photography safari adventure in March 2019 on the Chobe river and in the Chobe national park. At this time of year during the summer season, the bird life is incredible with many of the migratory species still visiting the area.
This safari will be open to all levels of photographer, but specifically aimed at making it accessible to those who are passionate and want to learn more about birds and the art of bird photography in a top African destination.
During this workshop, we will cover the following during short theory sessions in a specially designed lecture and development area. We will make use of specially designed boats and safari vehicles to traverse the area and look for those incredible bird photography opportunities and cover the practical aspects.
- Basic bird identification
- The basics of birds in flight
- Camera and lens techniques
- The importance of depth of field
- The power of composition
- Tracking and focus techniques
- Low light and ISO control
- Image management and development (as required)
Venue – Chobe Photographic Lodge Kasane
The lodge is situated on a hill overlooking Kasane and the Chobe river and floodplains. The bedrooms are all ensuite with the toilet and shower. The rooms are all air-conditioned with plenty of plug points, tea and coffee station and places to store camera gear and luggage along with a safe.
Canon equipment available for course participants subject to availability:
Canon 7D MK II and 100mm 400mm MK II lens during activities
Chobe Bird Photography Workshop Dates:
5 days – 18/19/20/21 March 2019
Cost: From $ 1995.00 USD per person NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT
7 days – 18/19/20/21/22/23 March 2019
Cost: From $ 2695.00 USD per person NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT
Terms & Conditions apply
Minimum 4 persons – Maximum 8 persons
What does this package includes
- Full board and accommodation in en-suite, air-conditioned gallery rooms
- All meals (brunch, high tea and dinner)
- Selected drinks (wine, local beers, soft drinks and spirits)
- 8 or 12 (depending on the length of stay) private photographic water/land activities
- Park fees and bed levies
- Refreshments during the activities
- Transfers to and from Kasane Airport
- Personal expert guidance from Andrew Aveley
What this package does not include
- All items not mentioned in the inclusions
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel to and from Kasane
- Visas and Travel Fees
How to get to Kasane:
From ORT Tambo there are daily flights to Kasane International Airport. Please contact Caroline Aveley, email@example.com and she can help you book this flight with professional service and attention to detail.
If you wish to drive to Kasane from Pretoria it is about 1150km crossing through a border post at Groblerburg/Martins Drift on the Limpopo River. There is safe parking at the lodge for you to leave your vehicle while you enjoy the adventure.
If you do not wish to do this in one stint, some of my regular clients have suggested that you can overnight Woodlands Bungalows. It comes highly recommended and below is a link to their website and detailed information.
Click on image to go to the website for more information: