Backlighting vs Rim Lighting
Backlighting vs Rim Lighting – Do you know what the difference is between the two ? Have you tried it or wanted to try it ?
I am going to do a brief discussion on on the above as mentioned.
Let’s break it down – Back Lighting and Rim Lighting are the same thing but here are some facts and pointers:
- Both require the sun to be from in front of your lens
- The angle the sun is from the horizon and your location play a part
- Is the horizon clear or is there low foliage
- Is there dust or complimentary atmospheric conditions
- Exposure plays a big part of the end result.
- Achieving focus is not easy
- Focus point selection and aperture are important
As part of my ongoing posts will be adding some short pieces about what I think are important and then also then also show you examples of the technique that you can use as a inspiration to try and create your own. If you don’t come right, you can always join me on one of my experiences or adventures to learn more 🙂
Want to learn more and try your hand at ne of these styles of images ? Join me on one of my trips for 2020 and improve your skills.
Subscribe to our newsletter – Lets get connected !